Genuine Xenon Philips HID Conversion Kit
Package Contains :
- 2 x 35W Genuine Philips HID Bulbs
- 2 x 35W Philips XLD288 Ballast
- 1 x Philips Specific KET Wiring
- 1 x Installation manual
- Installation Accessories
- Bonus Philips T10 corner/interior light bulbs
Available Philips Bulb Options: H1, H3, H4 high/low, H7, H11, 9005, 9006
These are the only bulbs that Philips Offers, if anyone lists a different bulb that is not on this list, they are fake.
The Question We get quite often is how do you tell if a Philips HID kit is Real or not. there are a few different things to check for:
- Philips bulbs will be marked Philips Germany with the item # right below
- Philips bulbs will only have White Salts, fake bulbs will not have any salts inside the bulb
- Philips bulbs will be labeled with a security label that can be tracked on www.philips.com
- Philips HID Kits only use KET wiring connectors not amp
- Philips ballasts will only have KET connectors
- Philips only makes 35W HID Kits, they do not make 50 or 55W HID Kits
A few things you can look for if a Company is trying to pass a fake kit off as real one:
- Packaging looks the same but contents inside IE bulbs and ballasts are marked Philips Patent, Philips Patent bulbs are not made by philips and are not made in Germany.
- Kit comes in two boxes like the original but the boxes are grey instead of white with the philips logo
- Ballasts come in a odd shape or are slim ballasts labeled Philips Patent
- Wiring coming from the ballast is AMP style and not the Philips KET wiring
Philips HID Kit Options:
- Relay Cable: This is used to protect the vehicles headlight wiring system, it also protects the vehicles headlight fuses as well since the relay cable has its own dedicated light fuse. This cable is highly recommended if you plan to install more than one HID Kit. For-instance, low and high beam, or low beam and fog lights etc.
- Relay Cable + 50W Resistors: This does the same as what is mentioned above. The difference is that the 50W resistors trick the vehicles computer into thinking the HID Kit is 50W instead of 35W. This is important for many German brands. Stock Halogen bulbs are usually 50-55W, when someone tries to install a 35W HID Kit on a car like a BMW, newer models will sometimes give an error that the bulb is out, other common issues if this cable is not used are, only one bulb lighting up or the bulbs flicker then go out. This occurs because the vehicles ECU thinks there is a problem since the HID lights are not 50 or 55W. Common brands that will need this cable: BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Volkswagen, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep.
- H7 Clips/Spacers: If your car or truck takes an H7 HID Bulb, please leave a note with your order and specify the year/make/model of your vehicle as it may require a clip or spacer for the H7 HID bulb to sit properly. We will provide these for free if they are needed, but you need to leave a note with your order. If you do not leave a note and your vehicle needs one of these H7 adapters, you may be charged $9.99 + Shipping to get them.